Monday, February 18, 2013

Recipe: French Fry Lovers and Picky Eaters

Hello Friends,

I mentioned when I first started blogging that I would occasionally post a recipe on here, since eating is a "home centered" activity.  This is one of my favorites.  I love french fries, but they are not the healthiest choice.  Who doesn't love a potato that has been deep fat fried and covered in salt?  I make a version at home that is so simple and delicious, it honestly satisfies that craving for the deep fat fried version. Seriously, try it.  These will pass the test of the pickiest eater.

Here is how I make mine at home (double the recipe if you're serving 5 or more people):

Roasted French Fries
4-5 small-medium russet potatoes (or 2-3 large potatoes)
1 TBSP olive oil
Lawry's seasoning salt (or plain salt)
fresh cracked pepper (optional)
Non-stick cooking spray

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees

Wash the potatoes (leave skins on) and cut into french fries.  Toss cut fries in a bowl with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper in the amounts you like.  Mix the potatoes and seasonings until all the potatoes are coated with a thin layer of oil.

Next, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and add the potatoes to the cookie sheet.

Bake in a hot oven and check at 20 minutes.  Every oven is different so they may need to stay in longer (I have a very hot oven, so your fries may need 30 minutes +).  The thinner the fries, the faster they cook.  You can also leave the fries in longer for a browner and crispier outside.  Serve with ketchup or your favorite dip.  Enjoy!!!
Side Note: This method works great with all potatoes, red, yellow, purple, etc....  For a classic french fry taste, russet potatoes are the best.  If you love garlic french fries, mix raw/fresh minced garlic with parsley and salt in a bowl and toss with the fries immediately after they come out of the oven. Let me know if you try this recipe!!

Many blessings to you! - Home Centered Girl

P.S. I linked up the recipe at "Home Stories A to Z click here for link"


4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Thank you for reaching out to us Girls who want the same for their families. More recipes please and keep them simple and yummy! I look forward to your next restoration project. Bless you and your wonderful inspirations that you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think your comment just made my day! I so appreciate you reading my blog. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Girl, you ROCK! Thank you for the great ideas so far. You have been busy since you started - I can't believe how many posts you have already! I can't wait to make this one. I know all my boys will devour! (And I'll be a happy mama not serving them a plate of grease as with traditional fries!) Keep 'em coming! PS: Any canning tutorials coming up this summer? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll have to make these the next time all the manergy comes over. I have to confess, I love a good french fry too!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your input! Home Centered Girl