Monday, February 11, 2013

How To Create A Household Management Binder

Hello Friends!  I just want to thank you again for stopping by and reading my posts.  I really appreciate you reading my writing and would love for you to comment.

Onto a Household Management Binder.  I created this binder prior to Thanksgiving and its been a wonderful resource for many items.  It lives in the kitchen and there are many ways to put them together.  It is customized for our family, but general enough that the categories would work for everyone.  If you are looking for a way to organize kid's sports schedules, church activities, grocery shopping lists, budgets, travel items, etc...  This is a great way to house those daily, weekly, and monthly activity items all in one place for quick reference.

Here she is:

The first thing I did after purchasing a large white binder was put a piece of scrapbook paper in the front sleeve, and make a label on my computer for the front (remember how I like to see beauty in everyday life).  It lives in my kitchen on the counter so I didn't want an "eye sore".

Here is the inside of the binder:
It includes dividers, poly envelopes, graph paper (I prefer over notebook paper) and a pouch full of writing utensils and sticky labels (I use these to label meals I make ahead for the freezer).
Here are the labeled categories on the dividers:
1. Food: This includes my meal planning sheets (I'll write a post and  upload a free printable for you readers later), and a grocery list.  If I run out of an item, I add it to the list in this section.

2. Budget: Here is where the 6 pink poly envelopes (pictured above) come into play.  Each envelope holds our budgets for 2 months and are labeled accordingly; Jan./Feb., Mar./Apr., etc..... (see pic below).  I also have a 2 month calender in each pocket that lists our family and close friend's birthdays and a card for the corresponding birthday.  You can see below the envelope, labeled for the budget and birthday months, and a card that is waiting for my nieces birthday. 
I like keeping these birthday reminders in with the budgets beacause it reminds us to budget in gifts that month.  Though I have created a customized budget for our household, I am a big fan of Dave Ramsey's budgets which you can download off of his website.

3.  Activities - This section houses the families' activity calenders (church nursery schedule, local YMCA pool schedule, etc...).  If you have a kiddo in sports, this would be the ideal place for their schedule.

4. Home - This section can store home related items such as reminders for when to change the furnace and water filters, etc... Another example I would put in here would be fliers for a furnace upgrade.  Anything related to daily home functioning.

5. Projects - This is where I keep a list of my organizing ideas.  It will now probably include project ideas for this blog and our home.

6. Holiday - This section gets little use this time of year, but around the holidays it houses my meal plan for Christmas, and a list of all the people we are buying Christmas gifts for and their gift.  It lets me visually plan for and reference what needs to be done around the holidays, and whats already been taken care of.

7. Travel - I keep packing lists for upcoming trips and sleepovers in this section, as well as, fliers for places we want to visit.  Currently it has a trail map for our local area.  If you were planning a long distance trip, I would house receipts, confirmation numbers, tickets, and maps in this section that could be transferred to smaller binder for the trip.

8: Inspire - this is where I keep clippings from magazines I love and like to reference.  It is also a great place to keep track of paint colors (you can see my favorite black furniture paint stuck to the divider in the picture below).
Well, here is one last look:
Leave me a comment if you decide to create one of these, or found this information useful.  God bless you!
Home Centered Girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your input! Home Centered Girl