Friday, February 8, 2013

Garage Sale Treasure And A Can Of Spray Paint

You know that funny expression, "put a bird on it", well that's pretty much how I feel about lamps.  I love the glow of a lamp at night.  They make a room feel cozy and inviting.  Unfortunately, lamps can be rather spendy so I'm always on the look out for one with good "bones" at a garage sale.  Of the 9 lamps in my home, 8 are from garage sales. If I don't like the finish, I turn to a can a spray paint and create.  It's an incredibly fast makeover that takes about 5 minutes of prep, and 5 minutes of painting.  I've spray pained lamp bases that are wood, plastic, and metal.  I thought I would share a more daring lamp transformation with you and hopefully spark some inspiration the next time you see a $2 treasure at a garage sale.

 This is the before on this rather large lamp.



It was pretty scratched up, but nothing a little can of spray paint can't fix.

I used Rust-Oleum American Accents color: Lagoon (smooth satin finish).  It was only a few dollars at Fred Meyer.

I also purchased a shade (which I think I also found at a garage sale....).

Here is the after:
Here is a close up:
Most of the colors downstairs in my house are very warm and range between red and orange, so this little pop of color is fun in the living room.  It looks rather blue in the pictures (probably because they are taken at night) but in person, the color is teal. It also looks like the finish is speckeled, but its pretty smooth. I LOVE the color and have it in a few other places in my home.

Thanks for reading!  Think twice the next time you see a lamp at a garage sale.

Many blessings to you!  Home Centered Girl.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your input! Home Centered Girl