Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Watermelon Lemonade, A Porch, and Two Rocking Chairs

Hi Readers, I so appreciate you checking out my blog.  A busy home school year has not left me a lot of time to dedicate to this website, but I am hoping to change that this summer.

I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day and I thought I would share a drink that we had over the weekend that is so refreshing!

Do you enjoy strawberry lemonade?  You are going to love this!  Seriously, this drink calls for a porch, a few rocking chairs, and a summer evening; which is exactly where my husband and I were on Saturday night.  It's a wonderful and fresh sweet treat.

Here's the recipe, I adapted it from Paula Deen's plain lemonade recipe on the foodnetwork.com.

Fresh Watermelon Lemonade (makes 10 Cups, which is a little over a 1/2 gallon)

1 C. fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
1 C. sugar (for even sweeter lemonade, add an extra 2 TBSP.)
1 C. hot water
8 C. cold water
2 C. chopped watermelon

First, dissolve sugar in hot water in a large pitcher.
Next, juice the lemons.  Prior to cutting the lemons in half for squeezing, roll them on the counter, with pressure, to release the juice inside.  Next, cut and squeeze over a bowl.  To get the seeds and extra pulp out, I pour the juice over a small strainer/sieve into a jar.
Next, add lemon juice and remaining water to the sugar mixture in the pitcher.  Now you have lemonade (easy, huh?).
For the final step, use a blender or a food processor to liquefy the 2 C. of water melon and 1 C. of your fresh lemonade.  This fruit blend will make enough for two full glasses of watermelon lemonade.  **You could increase the amount of fruit in the blender if you are wanting to make more glasses.  Since I like a little bit of it at a time with the hubby, I generally only make enough for two glasses.  If I wanted the whole pitcher to be watermelon lemonade then I would probably use 6+ Cups of melon, but remember, you will need a large pitcher!
Pour the blended lemonade over ice in a glass and then top off with more fresh lemonade.
Store the large pitcher of lemonade in the fridge for future rocking chair refreshments.  This recipe would also be wonderful with other fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc...).  Enjoy!

Many blessings to you - Home Centered Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your input! Home Centered Girl