Thursday, June 27, 2013

Organizing Gift Wrapping Supplies

Hi Everyone!  This is a simple little post on organizing gift bags and wrapping supplies.  There are many cool options in this arena and some day I would like to have a wall mounted or door mounted system, but this project was free!  I just used an organizer I already had on hand and this is a simple system if you are short on space and want to keep everything in one container.

Here's is the organizer.  It is specifically made for gift wrap, but I have everything in it.

Step 1: Get everything out where you can see it and start purging.  Do you suffer from the "must keep every gift bag I'm given" syndrome.  Do you have gift bags from years ago and still haven't used them?  Or worse yet, small pieces of wrapping paper.  I do this at Christmas time for stocking stuffers.  Now is the time to throw it out, or recycle it if you can.

Step 2: Sort gift bags, ribbons, and bows into categories.  Put all the birthday bags in one pile, Christmas bags in another, baby shower, etc....... Next, find the larges bag and stuff all the smaller ones inside of the big one for each category.  This will save you some sorting the next time you need a gift bag.  For bows, stick all of them in one bag, a zip lock bag works great for this.  Do the same thing for tags, and ribbons.  If you need a bag that is larger than the freezer zip lock bag, the dollar store actually sells "larger" zip lock bags.


Step 3: Put everything back in the organizer
Step 4: Tuck it away where its convenient, but out of sight; mine lives beside my piano.
I hope this hits your organizing bug!  Many blessings to you! - Home Centered Girl

1 comment:

  1. looks good heather! I bought one of those but it was too short for my rolls of paper. Even though it was for wrapping paper, it didn't fit mine. I musta had some weird size.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your input! Home Centered Girl